Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide input to key project discussions and decisions to ensure alignment with strategic aims, with special focus on the developing standardised
- Assess external data sources (health care databases, patient registries, others) for their utility, in addressing scientific questions in observational
- Support the design and implementation of observational studies and manage related project management tasks in support of BD4BO
- Identify and monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) and report progress to internal groups, identify learnings and ensure best practices are
- Support epidemiological and data analytics perspectives, expertise and recommendations for the identification and design of epidemiological studies
- Build and maintain professional collaboration with external academic and research groups/data sources
- Provide support to the critical review of relevant published medical and epidemiological literature
WHO YOU ARE
- University degree in life sciences/medicine with a PhD in epidemiology, pharmacoepidemiology and/or statistics
- First working experience within epidemiology, pharmacoepidemiology and/or statistics, ideally with some level of exposure to industry, a regulatory
agency (e.g. EMA or FDA) or a public health/academic institution
- Basic understanding of the drug development process and life cycle management with background in studying cardiovascular diseases and oncology,
with special interest in utilizing existing databases for epidemiologic studies
- Ability to support the design and execution of epidemiological observational research projects as well as to apply statistical and epidemiological
methodology in research projects with good analytical skills
- Good IT knowledge, especially in SAS, R packages, STATA, Genomics and other statistical data warehouse programming languages, such as SQL
- Strong oral and written skills, including presentations and publications
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team is essential
- Fluent English skills, both written and spoken
This is a limited position for 2 years.
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can show your passion for innovation? Are you interested in working as part of a global team to improve people’s lives? Then send us your online application including cover letter, CV and references.
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.
Reference Code: 64624
Functional Area: General Administration & Corporate Services
Entry Level : Graduate