Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Deputy Plant Manager as Head of Production Unit A Laboratory & Documentation (m/f/d)
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients from Supply Center Bergkamen help improve people's lives all over the world. Within the Supply Center, Production Unit A is a multi-purpose production plant for chemical conversions and highly active final stages in the field of women's health care. We are looking for a 2nd Plant Manager (m/f/d) including the function of the Head of PUA Laboratory & Documentation (m/f/d).
In this position you will have the opportunity to work together with your employees and customers personally at the site; in addition, there is also the possibility of making appointments remote from home.
The following exciting activities await the candidate (m/f/d):
- Provide leadership to the manufacturing operations of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (API) ensuring compliance in terms of cGMP & HSE, product quality standards, regulatory requirements and technological standards
- Act as deputy (m/f/d) of the Head of Manufacturing acc. §14 AMG
- Provide functional and disciplinary leadership to the GMP Compliance & Documentation and plant laboratory teams
- Lead, motivate and develop employees and teams based on Bayer's values (LIFE 2.0)
- Drive continuous improvement and standardization of production- and cleaning processes under GMP/HSE compliance, economic and technological aspects
- Prepare and actively participate in audits and inspection by national and international authorities as well as customers
- Work closely with interfaces in the areas of cGMP compliance and quality systems; provide direction and lead investigations in the event of manufacturing incidents that may potentially affect quality or compliance
- Represent manufacturing operations in interdisciplinary project teams e.g. technology transfers
WHO YOU ARE
- PhD in organic chemistry or related field with several years of professional experience in a regulated cGMP environment, preferably in manufacturing, quality operations or product development functions
- Several years of leadership, supervisory or management experience required, with a demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional teams
- Ability to use continuous improvement tools (LEAN/Six Sigma)
- Mindset to strive for efficiency and continuous improvement
- Willingness to effectively challenge the status quo, combined with dedication to new technologies and innovation incl. future-oriented trends like digitalization
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, strong issue resolution and decision-making skills
- Business Fluent in German and English, both written and spoken
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can show your passion for innovation? Are you interested in working as part of a global team to improve people’s lives? Then send us your online application including cover letter, CV and references.
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.
Reference Code: 383664
Functional Area: Production&Manufacturing