Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Data Scientist with expertise in PBPK models (m/f/d)
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
We are looking for a highly creative and motivated Data Scientist (m/f/d) with expertise in physiologically-based pharmacokinetics (PBPK) models to join Bayer Life Science Research in Frankfurt am Main, Germany.
- Design and implement PBPK models - with a focus on plant models - to dissect the mechanisms underlying ADME (Absorption, Diffusion, Metabolization, and Excretion) properties of crop protection products
- Collaborate with in vitro and in vivo scientists to develop assays suitable for shedding light into compound bioavailability in plants
- Drive science in modeling the kinetics of crop protection products in plants
- Apply approaches to help Bayer develop better crop protection products
- Visualize, structure, and interpret complex information
- Support ongoing projects in different stages such as target evaluation, lead discovery and lead optimization
- Active member of a highly interdisciplinary and cross-divisional team, including scientists from both Crop Science and Pharma divisions across the world
WHO YOU ARE
- PhD or MSc in Mathematics, Data Science or related fields
- Excellent in development and implementation of PBPK models, experienced in artificial intelligence (AI) methods is a plus
- Experienced in programming languages (e.g. Python, R, MATLAB, …)
- Experienced in plant biology and chemistry as a plus
- Superior communicator as a basis for efficient collaboration with other scientists (m/f/d) in non-theoretical areas (e.g. chemists, biologists, and biochemists)
- Highly creative person (m/f/d) with outstanding problem-solving ability and willingness to undertake challenging analysis tasks
- Capable to work in an international team environment and to adapt to the atmosphere of a dynamic research organization
- Proficient in English, both written and spoken
This position is limited to 24 months.
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can show your passion for innovation? Are you interested in working as part of a global team to improve people’s lives? Then send us your online application including cover letter, CV and references.
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.
Location: Frankfurt a.M.
Reference Code: 65306
Functional Area: Computational Science, Data Science & Statistics
Entry Level : Job Starter