Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Data Scientist with expertise in image analysis/image-based reasoning (m/f/d)
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Bayer is looking for a highly creative and motivated Data Scientist (m/f/d) with expertise in image analysis/image-based reasoning to join Bayer Life Science Research in Frankfurt am Main, Germany.
- Research, design, and implement artificial intelligence (AI) algorithms for time series of images in relation to other relevant biological and chemical data for screening
- Handle, process, integrate, and analyze large time series data sets
- Support ongoing projects in different stages such as target evaluation, lead discovery and lead optimization
- Design and implement visualization tool to facilitate the interpretability of the results
- Contribute to the design and implementation of a data analytics platform impacting drug discovery and optimization
- Extensively validate and further improve the data analytics platform for various property predictions of crop science and drug development compounds
- Active member (m/f/d) of a highly interdisciplinary and cross-divisional team, including scientists (m/f/d) from both Crop Science and Pharma divisions across the world
WHO YOU ARE
- PhD or MSc in imaging, data science, mathematics or related fields
- Skilled in image analysis/image-based reasoning
- Excellent in programming languages (e.g. Python, R, MATLAB, …)
- Experienced in biological and chemical data sets, is a plus
- Creative and flexible in visualizing, structuring, and interpreting complex/high quantity information
- Highly creative person (m/f/d) with outstanding problem-solving ability and willingness to undertake challenging analysis tasks
- Superior communicator (m/f/d) as a basis for efficient collaboration with other scientists (m/f/d) in non-theoretical areas
- Capable to work in an international team environment and to adapt to the atmosphere of a dynamic research organization
- Proficient in English, both written and spoken
This position is limited to 24 months.
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can show your passion for innovation? Are you interested in working as part of a global team to improve people’s lives? Then send us your online application including cover letter, CV and references.
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.
Location: Frankfurt a.M.
Reference Code: 65305
Functional Area: Computational Science, Data Science & Statistics
Entry Level : Job Starter