Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Data Scientist Supply Chain (m/f/d)
This position is for a Data Scientist (m/f/d) to work within our Global Supply Chain team. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work collaboratively across our broader Supply Chain, Commercial, and Information Technology organizations.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work on challenging digital transformation and innovation projects in Bayer’s Global IT Supply Chain Competence Center
- Analysis and development of mathematical optimization, simulation modelling, AI and machine learning solutions implemented in software systems used globally throughout the enterprise
- Development of strategies to identify new opportunities, expand existing analytical methods, provide insights, and build practical solutions to complex business problems
- Application of advanced analytics skills to turn data into a competitive advantage and help business stakeholders make more informed data-driven business decisions
- Connect to innovative external partners and Universities for transferring industry best practices and latest research trends to Bayer
- Actively share and further develop your supply chain business, data science and general IT skills and competencies as a member of the internal Bayer communities
- Maximize benefit of developed business solutions by supporting divisional community with knowledge management regarding business processes and underlying decision support systems
WHO YOU ARE
- Master in Operations Research, Engineering, Management Science, Mathematics, or other related quantitative discipline, PhD would be preferable
- Proficient domain knowledge of Supply Chain Management (like inventory optimizations, network design, mathematical scenario modelling, simulation) and advanced planning systems
- Theoretical and practical experience in deterministic optimization and algorithm development related to operations management is a requirement, including commercial optimization software (ex. CPLEX, Gurobi, AIMMS, LLamasoft)
- Expertise in programming, database languages and machine learning (ex. R, Python, Tensor flow, Scala, SQL and OPL)
- Demonstrated experience in optimizing demand, supply, and network flow challenges related to planning, scheduling, space utilization, and customer service levels combined with problem solving experience analyzing complex data using statistical and advanced analytical methods to deliver predictive and prescriptive insights
- Exceptional organizational, interpersonal, and written communication skills paired with business attitude and the ability to learn new skills
- Good communication skills in English, both written and spoken
Sie suchen eine Herausforderung, in der Sie Ihre Leidenschaft für Innovationen einbringen können? Sie möchten Teil eines globalen Teams werden und gemeinsam mit uns das Leben auf der Welt verbessern? Dann bewerben Sie sich online mit Ihren vollständigen Bewerbungsunterlagen (Anschreiben, Lebenslauf, Zeugnisse).
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.
Reference Code: 38094
Functional Area: Information Technology
Entry Level : Professional