At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. If you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
Data Scientist (m/f/d)
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be an integral part of the Bayer Crop Protection Innovation Lab team and support farmers worldwide to qualify and quantify weed, disease, and pest problems in their fields
- Collaborate with designers, product managers, and other engineers to identify opportunities for leveraging data to drive business solutions
- Develop and operate our data lakes and meshes as highly scalable services in the cloud to drive optimization and improvement of product development, marketing techniques, and business strategies
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets
- Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy
- Design and ensure data quality and data governance standards
- Quality-driven software development: writing reusable and clean code to automate our pipelines and workflows
- Develop guidelines and best practices through teamwork, mentoring and code reviews
WHO YOU ARE
- Master of Science in Computer Science, Engineering, or related fields
- Deep understanding of data architectures, e.g., data lake/ mesh architectures
- Professional experience with technologies such as cloud (AWS, GCP), Elasticsearch, Spark, Kafka, Dask/ Pandas, SQL and NoSQL databases
- Professional experience developing enterprise-grade production software using object-oriented programming languages such as Python, Java, Scala, or Go
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/ drawbacks
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
- Experience in modern software development processes, software architecture, quality assurance, testing and CI/ CD (Git)
- Several years of experience with agile development models (Scrum, Kanban, XP, etc.)
- Passion for delivering high quality and robust solutions and learning new technologies
- Very good command of English, both written and spoken
This is your opportunity to tackle the world’s biggest challenges with us: Maintaining our health, feeding growing populations and slowing the rate of climate change. You have a voice, ideas and perspectives and we want to hear them. Because our success begins with you. Be part of something big. Be Bayer.
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.
Division: Crop Science
Reference Code: 623882