At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. If you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
Data Scientist (m/f/d)
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
We are looking for a highly motivated scientist (m/f/d) to solve chemical challenges with the aid of cutting-edge machine learning methods. You will be working within a cross-divisional team of chemists, data scientists and engineers to build an AI-powered platform for reaction optimization. Join us to deliver better solutions for our pharmaceutical and crop science divisions! In detail, you can be part oft he following:
- Develop, evaluate and apply state-of-the-art algorithmic solutions in the field of synthetic chemistry
- Contribute to data-driven decision making and data-assisted optimization for challenging reactions which are usable across different stages of product development
- Implement workflows for feature engineering, model training & selection, data analysis, and DoE (Design of Experiments) to enable innovative approaches in the field of reaction screening
- Actively interact with wet-lab scientists to drive projects and enable them to implement a collaborative solution
- Participate in the orchestration of laboratory automation to deliver desirable chemical processes
- Engage with industrial and academic external partners to compose publications and presentations
WHO YOU ARE
- PhD in data science, cheminformatics, synthetic organic chemistry, or comparable scientific education
- Passion for machine learning and experimental design/active learning
- Well versed in programming languages (e.g. R, Python …) and/or database architecture (SQL, …)
- Experience in the connection and interfacing of platforms for chemical automation and analysis as well as familiarity with high-throughput experimentation is desired
- Good knowledge of computational chemistry toolkits is required, and front-end development elements is desired
- Collaborative team player (m/f/d) with a creative working style as well as strong communication skills
- Open-minded personality with excellent problem-solving skills and willingness to challenge the status quo
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken; knowledge of German is a plus
This is a fixed-term contract for 2 years.
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can show your passion for innovation? Are you interested in working as part of a global team to improve people’s lives? Then send us your online application including cover letter, CV and references.
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.
Reference Code: 488004
Functional Area: Computational Science, Data Science & Statistics