Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Data Scientist (m/f/d)
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be the data science expert in our crop protection research and technology team and closely collaborate with other domain scientist (chemists, biologists, biochemists, etc.)
- Gather, analyze, and model data to develop quantitative and qualitative insights via statistical, machine learning, and other analytical or mechanistic models
- Generate hypotheses — together with other domain experts — based on relevant data and create predictive models which advance the R&D pipeline
- Work with data engineers to integrate analytical models into our software ecosystem to deliver a seamless experience to the end user and to automate and improve decision making
- Identify and evaluate emerging technologies and trends in data science
- Lead innovation and technology development projects
WHO YOU ARE
- PhD or master’s degree in computational or natural sciences, mathematics, engineering, or similar qualification
- Experience developing machine learning or deep learning models to make predictions about complex systems to improve decision making and to derive new scientific insights
- Experience applying data science, cheminformatics, simulations, molecular modeling and statistics to life science questions
- Programming and scripting skills (R and Python preferred), experience using high performance computing systems, Cloud experience a plus
- Experience leading innovation or technology development projects
- Highly self-motivated, strive for scientific excellence and have ability to manage complexity
- Want to make a difference by translating scientific results into tangible decisions and actions
- Strong analytical thinking and scientific rigor, willingness to challenge status-quo
- Ability to present complex issues clearly and convincingly to cross-functional project teams
- Very good English communication skills, both verbal and written. German or French is a plus
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can show your passion for innovation? Are you interested in working as part of a global team to improve people’s lives? Then send us your online application including cover letter, CV and references.
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.
Location: Frankfurt a.M.
Reference Code: 191828
Functional Area: Computational Science, Data Science & Statistics