At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. If you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
Data Scientist Advanced Analytics EMEA Region (m/f/d)
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The platforms required to manage data and insights is vital as the data is a strategic asset to enable the emergence of digital and data driven marketing and sales operations for Bayer Pharmaceuticals. The DSAA (Data Science and Advanced Analytics) team is globally responsible to define, develop and execute the Data Science, AI, Machine Learning and Advanced Analytics strategy. We are a growing global data science organization covering all Therapeutic Areas and markets for Bayer Pharma.
As the Global Data Governance and Technology Lead you will play a critical part to drive transformational change in the way we identify, access and consume global commercial data.
In this role, you will work on 3 key main areas:
(a) Data Governance
- Be responsible to establish global data governance guidelines and practices
- Define global data KPI around Data Quality, Data integration, Data Availability to be used as part of a Global Data Governance scorecard
- Set up organization around Data Governance to align different stakeholders and drive key decisions around Data Governance and technological solutions
- Work with Compliance to ensure that personal Data and sensitive data are managed properly
- Drive Master Data Management activities
- Drive and manage the global data steward organization
(b) Data Technology to support Data Quality
- Work closely with IT partners to define and enable the right technical capability to deliver the right business outcome (Data Catalog, Master Data Management, Data Lineage, Self Service Data Hub, …). Develop a “2-in-a-box” approach between IT and Business
- Define and maintain a Global Data Quality framework for Commercial Data
- Help prioritize and shape technological Data roadmap based on Business needs
(c) Xplain Product Owner – Xplain being the global Data Governance Program for all Bayer Pharma commercial data assets
- Contribute to Xplain overall strategical roadmap
- Execute Xplain Data Governance strategy by identify milestones and key deliverables
- Work with IT and business stakeholders to define Xplain product development (Agile framework)
- Promote Xplain and build success stories to create a community of Xplain users
- Prioritize Data Product and Data Deliverables from the Xplain program
You will also collaborate with internal and external alliances and data providers to ensure global delivery of end-to-end data related activities to timely and high-quality standards across the Data Science & Advanced Analytics portfolio. Being accountable for driving a global culture of delivering to established milestones with the highest degree of customer satisfaction, emphasizing communication and transparency of operations.
Other tasks are:
- Contribute to build a Global Data Governance & Technology program (Xplain) for all commercial data assets
- Develop and maintain productive relationships with key stakeholders across Marketing, Commercial Operations, IT, and within Data Science & Advanced Analytics team to seek alignment and harmonization to ensure findings are incorporated into key Business Processes.
- Working closely with IT and data providers to ensure the implementation and ongoing development of global Data Management strategy ensuring alignment to global Data Science & Advanced Analytic strategy. Develop a culture of “2-in-a-box” approach mixing business outcomes and technological enablers
- Execute the policies and standards established by the data governance program helping create and implement processes and procedures for data collection, access, and enrichment across the region
- Be identified as the key ‘Go to person’ for data governance and data quality issues
- Be identified as Xplain Product Owner and communicate within the organization of the benefits of Xplain with tangibles success stories
WHO YOU ARE
- Post-graduate degree (Master’s/Ph.D) in Computer science or quantitative field (Statistics, Management Science, Operations Research, Engineering, Finance, etc.) OR Bachelor’s degree in quantitative field combined with MBA from globally leading school
- To qualify for this role, several years of significant experience in leading and delivering data and analytics solutions including experience in data governance, data management, metadata management, and data quality solutions
- Excellent ability to establish and maintain collaborative relationships with analytic and non-analytic business partners
- Experience in working with cross functional business and IT teams to understand the business needs in developing business cases and value proposition for data and analytic solutions, governance and stewardship
- Also experience in implementing data governance, MDM programs, developing associated policies and procedures, and enforcing the compliance of procedures in large scale matrix organization
- Hands on experience handling and analyzing key Pharma commercial internal and external data types (patient longitudinal, claims data, sales data like IQVIA data, EMR data, CRM data (Veeva), SFMC, Sales Force efficiency data, data related to marketing, promotional activities, financial data)
- Ability to influence cross-functional key stakeholders to impact decision-making; Willingness to “have an opinion” backed up by data
- Proficiency in data management tools like data cataloging tools, data virtualization and MDM: Collibra, Denodo, Reltio
- Experience of in R, Python, and/or SQL
- Knowledge of Agile project management
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, as demonstrable in oral management presentations, succinct PowerPoint stories and layout, as well as structured syntheses and recommendations
- Ability to manage undefined scopes and put structure into large-scale ambiguity
- Fluency in English
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can show your passion for innovation? Are you interested in working as part of a global team to improve people’s lives? Then send us your online application including cover letter, CV and references.
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.
Reference Code: 342981
Functional Area: Marketing