At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. If you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
Data Management Scientist (m/f/d)
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Construction and maintenance of (biological) ontologies using semantic web technologies, methods and standards
- Adaptation and application of checking and editing tools for ontologies
- Automation of ontology maintenance tasks in a master data management environment, taking into account the company-wide framework for control and responsibility for data
- Carrying out training courses for data stewards with regard to processes and the relevant tools for editing master data
- Support for biological data integration, e.g. of genes, traits and organisms, through the design and implementation of algorithms and data models
- Support of the data management organization through “insourcing” of external knowledge and standards
- Building and maintaining knowledge of external public data sources
WHO YOU ARE
- Scientific university degree in bioinformatics, computational biology, engineering or any analytical field
- Experience in building and maintaining (bio-)ontologies as well as in automatizing ontology maintenance tasks (e.g. using scripts)
- Experience with master data management (data stewardship and governance), biological data integration as well as algorithms design and implementation
- Experience in semantic web technologies and standards, e.g. with OBO, RDF, OWL, SHACL, ShEx, SPARQL, SKOS
- Familiar with graph-based data systems (e.g. triple stores)
- Good understanding of ontology editing tools as well as of public resources as gene ontology, plant ontology, traits ontology
- High ability to solve problems and to structure and simplify complex tasks and ability to contribute in an international and dynamic research and development team
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
This is your opportunity to tackle the world’s biggest challenges with us: Maintaining our health, feeding growing populations and slowing the rate of climate change. You have a voice, ideas and perspectives and we want to hear them. Because our success begins with you. Be part of something big. Be Bayer.
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.
Division: Crop Science
Reference Code: 585221