At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. If you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
Data Engineer (m/f/d)
The vision and mission of our Enabling Function Global Data Assets organization is to transform the Bayer Company Functions such as Finance, Supply Chain and Logistics, HR, Procurement, Law, sustainability etc. and become more insights- and data-driven. To achieve this goal the team’s objective is to deliver the required data foundation and FAIR (Findable, Accessible, Interoperable, Reusable) data assets that enables the business in improving their decision-making ability. You will become part of the Data Engineering team and assist with the delivery of data assets and ensure that our customers can efficiently consume those data assets using a state-of-the-art data platform built on Microsoft Azure cloud. The team responsibility include delivery of solutions involving work ranging from designing data pipelines, data modeling, system configuration, data storage, processing and transformation tasks typical of a building and operating a data warehouse, data mart and data analytics platform.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- You support data asset leads in creation of data assets for both our business and our IT community
- You create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture and drive automation - wherever possible and feasible actively ensure that automation is in place to increase efficiency and quality (deployments, monitoring and remediation, etc.)
- You assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional/non-functional business requirements and identify, design and implement internal process improvements, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability when necessary
- You build optimal extraction, transformation and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources including SAP and non-SAP systems
- You work with stakeholders such as Data Asset leads, Data and Design teams and assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs
- You work with data and analytics experts and strive for greater functionality in our data platform
- You evaluate best solution options as well as provide advantages and disadvantages as a decision helper (m/f/d) and provide recommendations based on prior experience
- You ensure that Bayer architecture principals, coding and compliance guidelines are followed and met
- You work in agile project style - regularly communicate status, blockers, opportunities as well as shape the future - influence our overall data strategy with your technical and tool know how
WHO YOU ARE
- University degree in computer science or similar education or equivalent work experience
- You have prior experience working in Azure Cloud - knowledge of services, including infrastructure as code, setup of Vnet etc.
- You have proven experience with Azure Data Lake, Databricks, Snowflake, Azure Data Factory
- You have prior experience in building data warehouses, data marts, RDBMS and SQL
- You have experience in creating data models and be well versed in data engineering and data architecture principles
- You have expert knowledge in coding in Python or similar and related work with code; repositories like GitHub, CI/CD pipelines, etc.
- You have a good understanding of SAP ERP and SAP BW systems
- You have strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
This is your opportunity to tackle the world’s biggest challenges with us: Maintaining our health, feeding growing populations and slowing the rate of climate change. You have a voice, ideas and perspectives and we want to hear them. Because our success begins with you. Be part of something big. Be Bayer.
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.
Location: Leverkusen, St. Louis
Division: Enabling Functions
Reference Code: 559912