Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Data Engineer and DevOps (m/f/d)
The Unit Digital Transformation is an energetic team of digital enthusiasts applying Industry 4.0 technology and methods to our business. We are
driving the digital transformation of Bayer’s active pharmaceutical ingredient (API) production and are seeking for an outstanding talent to build
this journey together. You describe yourself as passionate about digital and able to deliver impact to our business – then we would like to hear from you!
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be part of an agile project team to develop tailor-made digital tools hand-in-hand with our business function (production, quality, engineering)
- Contribute to cross-functional problem-solving sessions in your team
- Design and build python-based data pipelines to support data science projects following software engineering best practices and use
state-of-the art technologies to acquire, ingest and transform big datasets
- Map data fields to hypotheses, curate, wrangle and prepare data to be used in advanced analytics models or dashboards
- Create and manage data environments in the cloud according to corporate standards
WHO YOU ARE
- Master´s degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or equivalent
- First professional experience in building data pipelines in production
- Deep expertise in software engineering concepts and best practices and ability to work across structured, semi-structured and unstructured data
- Ability to write clean, maintainable and robust code in Python (preferred), Scala, Java or similar languages in a professional setting
- Hands-on experience with distributed computing frameworks (e.g. Spark, Dask, Hadoop/MapReduce), cloud platforms
(e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP), containerization, and analytics libraries (e.g. pandas, numpy, matplotlib)
- Exposure to DevOps, DataOps and MLOps would be considered a plus
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical audience
- Fluent German and Englishskills, both written and spoken
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can show your passion for innovation? Are you interested in working as part of a global team to improve people’s lives? Then send us your online application including cover letter, CV and references.
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.
Reference Code: 400361
Functional Area: Information Technology