At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. If you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
Data and Experimental Pollinator Expert (m/f/d)
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Working as a data and experimental expert in the Terrestrial Invertebrates and Bees Team within Environmental Safety, this includes:
- Supervise and monitors a range of studies with pollinators with the purpose to meet international regulatory requirements, including data analysis, digital documentation, and communication
- Working in a GLP (Good Laboratory Practice) environment and contributes towards the acceleration of data digitalization and automation
- Support the development of new experimental concepts and data analysis
- Contract and monitor studies and projects in collaboration with external key partners
- Support the transformation towards digital data driven organization with the generation of large data bases
- Possibility to develop and take the responsibility of an own project related to pollinator safety
- You will become part of a global interdisciplinary network of scientists in the area of environmental safety and sustainability
- You have the chance for a good entrance point to gaining experience within a dynamic, science based global R&D company dedicated to providing solutions which contribute towards a sustainable agriculture
WHO YOU ARE
- You are a graduated expert (m/f/d) in natural sciences (biology, agronomy, ecology, veterinary, etc.), preferably MSc, PhD or comparable with experience within the above-mentioned areas
- You already have experience with the analysis of large data sets, experience with R, Knime or Sporfire is a plus
- You have experience with safety data of non-target organisms, like insect pollinators
- You are interested in structured management of information to foster efficient collaboration
- You have ability to build partnerships and work collaboratively with others to build bridges across different teams
- You are open for innovation and welcome diverse ideas, methods, approaches to work in a global environment
- Good English communication skills, both spoken and written
The position is limited for 2 years.
This is your opportunity to tackle the world’s biggest challenges with us: Maintaining our health, feeding growing populations and slowing the rate of climate change. You have a voice, ideas and perspectives and we want to hear them. Because our success begins with you. Be part of something big. Be Bayer.
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.
Division: Crop Science
Reference Code: 630025