At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. If you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
Construction Manager (m/f/d)
At Engineering & Technology you have a decisive influence on how we at Bayer prepare, implement and continuously optimize the execution of our investment projects. You bring your extensive experience and your expertise in this field into our major projects for life science and pharmaceutical production and work with highly competent engineers on exciting and challenging projects worldwide.
The position of senior construction manager offers an excellent opportunity for your professional and personal development at BAYER. We look forward to welcoming you to our dedicated and highly motivated team.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Development of a construction and assembly concept
- Technical responsibility of the Constructability Review in the planning phase as well as consulting of the project team and the project manager in construction management relevant issues
- Selection of national and international construction and assembly companies and/or general contractors
- Development and preparation of the assembly contracts and execution of the claim-management
- Planning and construction of the construction site infrastructure, partly on the greenfield
- Management of public authorities and responsibility for the site safety
- Responsibility for the execution quality of all assembly services and their acceptance
- Management and coordination of the construction site as well as adherence to the overall project objectives such as deadlines and costs
WHO YOU ARE
- Completed engineering studies in the field of structural engineering / civil engineering or equivalent
- Several years of experience in the construction site management and / or direction of construction sites for new buildings / retrofits in the life science/pharmaceutical industry
- Knowledge of contract law and claims management
- Knowledge of occupational safety and working time laws
- Ability to deal with insecurity and to promote open dialogue between teams
- Results-oriented working style and ability to work in a team
- Fluent German and English skills; both written and spoken
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can show your passion for innovation? Are you interested in working as part of a global team to improve people’s lives? Then send us your online application including cover letter, CV and references.
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.
Reference Code: 259521
Functional Area: Engineering & Technology