At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. If you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
Commercial Data Scientist (m/f/d)
The primary responsibility of this role is to provide commercial teams measurable insights into commercial strategies and tactics for key products in key markets. These insights will provide a competitive advantage to Bayer by making better business decisions derived through strategic data analysis and command of complex statistical techniques.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for key aspects along the data modelling cycle: From definition of business questions and hypotheses,to data sourcing and preparation, model development, and insight generation
- Output of these analyses will be the basis for strategic resource allocation by BU and marketing leadership
- Develop and optimize ML models in different contexts (sales, MKTG, patient data, communication and social data)
- Translate complex analytics into actionable recommendations and propose feasible solutions
- Communicate in a clear and concise way using the most appropriate approach for each different stakeholder
- Work with business and scientific stakeholders with a clear vision of the final goals and on the business impact
- Collaborate closely with other functions (e.g. commercial business insights, integrated multi-channel marketing) to advice, and support brand marketing or sales teams in various types of advanced quantitative analyses, including but not limited to: marketing mix analysis, advanced segmentation & targeting, personalized communication, etc.
- Manage onshore and offshore resources, as well as in house and external consultants
- Demonstrating thought leadership and content expertise in advanced analytics to business partners, including development of key training programs
WHO YOU ARE
- Graduate degree in quantitative field (statistics, management science, operations research, engineering, finance, applied mathematics, mathematics, business administration etc.)
- First relevant work experience, as well as experience in data modeling, wrangling and visualization
- Knowledge of SQL and data warehousing platforms
- Very good Knowledge of the most important Machine Learning models (classification, regression, clustering, time-series analysis)
- Knowledge of deep learning models (CNN, RNN)
- Knowledge of at least two of the following languages: Python, R, C/C++, Scala, Julia, Mathematica
- Knowledge of the most common ML/DL frameworks (Scikit-Learn, Stan, Pandas, Tensorflow, PyTorch, Keras, Matplotlib)
- Experience in epidemiology, the pharmaceutical industry and data management platforms is a plus
- Experience in handling and analyzing various internal and external commercial data types (e.g., sales data sources like IQVIA, Cegedim, patient longitudinal, claims data, distribution, demand, units, promotion)
- Ability to influence cross-functional teams to impact decision-making; Willingness to "have an opinion" backed up by insight and analytics and the confidence to influence key stakeholders in meetings and one to one basis
- Strategic business acumen, focus on results, passion for keeping up with media and technology trends
- Strong analytical skills,team playing, and communication skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- English fluent; verbally and in writing
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can show your passion for innovation? Are you interested in working as part of a global team to improve people’s lives? Then send us your online application including cover letter, CV and references.
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.
Location: Germany : Berlin : Berlin
Reference Code: 357428