Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Biomarker Statistician (m/f/d)
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate with representatives from other functions to plan, execute and analyze all biomarker aspects (including genomics and data directly obtained from sensors) of clinical studies or biomarker studies in the role of the biomarker statistician
- Develop the Biomarker Evaluation Plan for the study as appropriate.
- Facilitate the overall organization and coordination of statistical activities regarding biomarker research and development activities for specific studies.
- Facilitate and/or conduct advanced data analysis utilizing all types of structured and unstructured data generated within clinical trials.
- Furthermore design moderately complex analysis algorithms based on e.g. Machine Learning / AI methodology; this includes the analyses of data obtained directly from sensors/ wearables and other complex high dimensional data sources
- Assume responsibility for the production and accuracy of the Biomarker Evaluation Report with respect to statistical deliverables and interpretation of the results
- Work independently at routine and medium complex statistical questions and tasks
- Implement standard processes for the analysis of routine biomarker assessments
- Oversee and ensure accurate and timely delivery of statistical work outsourced to external providers
WHO YOU ARE
- PhD or MSc in Biostatistics, Statistics or Mathematics, or related field
- Good knowledge of statistical programming languages (including SAS and R)
- Basic knowledge of relevant R packages for analysis of high-dimensional data
- First experience working as a biomarker statistician, preferably gained in a pharma, biotech or Clinical Research Organisation (CRO) environment
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively, as required
- Strong communication skills
- Fluent English skills
Sie suchen eine Herausforderung, in der Sie Ihre Leidenschaft für Innovationen einbringen können? Sie möchten Teil eines globalen Teams werden und gemeinsam mit uns das Leben auf der Welt verbessern? Dann bewerben Sie sich online mit Ihren vollständigen Bewerbungsunterlagen (Anschreiben, Lebenslauf, Zeugnisse).
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.
Reference Code: 48795
Functional Area: Computational Science, Data Science & Statistics
Entry Level : Professional