At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. If you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
Bioinformatics Scientist / Machine learning (m/f/d)
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
In the framework of a two-year collaboration project on transcriptome-based chemical profiling between Bayer´s Pharma and Crop Science Divisions we are seeking a passionate and creative scientist for a research position in the Computational Life Science Team in Monheim. The project will deepen the understanding of bioactive molecules with the goal of addressing modern agricultural needs. The successful candidate will be a part of cross functional working group together with experts in Cell Biology, Genomics and Data Science. In this role the candidate will:
- Help implement state-of-the-art bioinformatics pipelines to analyze high throughput RNA sequencing data and exchange bioinformatics solutions with colleagues from the Crop Science and Pharma Division in Europe and the US.
- Develop and apply bioinformatics and machine learning methods for the integration and modeling of multimodal data
- Enhance understanding of bioactive molecules and guide towards safe and active compounds
- Be part of an international & interdisciplinary research team closely interacting with your colleagues from the entire R&D organization.
- Active scientific exchange with internal and external scientific communities, participation in conferences, generation of high-quality peer-reviewed publications
WHO YOU ARE
- PhD degree in bioinformatics, computational biology or biology, computer science, physics or related fields; a background in biology is a plus
- Well versed in data analysis (e.g. transcriptome data, regulatory genomics and/or machine learning)
- Experience in chemogenomics, single cell RNA sequencing or transcriptome analysis of non-model organisms is a plus
- Solid programming skills (Python and/or R) and acquaintance with Unix/Linux.
- Experience with high performance computing, cloud computing and/or docker is a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in interdisciplinary teams reaching joint goals
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and ability to work in interdisciplinary teams
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
This is a fixed-term contract for 2 years.
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can show your passion for innovation? Are you interested in working as part of a global team to improve people’s lives? Then send us your online application including cover letter, CV and references.
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.
Reference Code: 488421
Functional Area: Computational Science, Data Science & Statistics