Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Bio-Scientist as PostDoc Process Analytics Biopharmaceutical Development (m/f/d)
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As a member (m/f/d) of a joint team from the Process Analytical Technologies (PAT) and the Upstream Process (USP) Development functions within the Biologics Technology Organization of Bayer Pharmaceuticals, you will have the opportunity to conduct academic research and development on innovative analytical technologies for monitoring and control of mammalian cell cultivation processes. In detail, you will:
- Propose, develop, test and implement innovative analytical technologies and methods for biotechnological upstream processes
- Identify suitable PAT methods for analyzing monoclonal antibodies and/or media components as well as metabolic products for monitoring and as a means for control of cell cultivation processes
- Characterize, compare and assess newly developed methods and commercially available technologies
- Collaborate with biotechnology process experts, scientists from analytical development and from QC department to discuss and align USP PAT method development
- Closely collaborate with academic and industry partners within the IMI (Innovative Medicine Initiative) EU public private partnership
- Publish and present research findings internally, at international conferences, and in scientific journals
WHO YOU ARE
- PhD in (analytical) biochemistry, biophysics, or biotechnology with proven record of accomplishment in analytical sciences
- Demonstrated experience with immunochemical methods (e.g. protein arrays, ELISA, SPR), separation technologies (e.g. CE, UPLC), or related technologies
- Ideally experience in a biotechnological setting, e.g. cell culture, media, upstream or downstream development
- Ability to identify challenges and to tackle them in a solution-oriented manner
- Creativity and out-of-the-box thinking
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to an international and dynamic research & development team
- Have an appetite for connecting to and discussing with scientists and engineers from commercial production, biotechnology process development and academia, and build a bridge between these areas
- Strong communication skills in English and German, both verbal and written
This is a fixed-term PostDoc contract for 2 years.
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can show your passion for innovation? Are you interested in working as part of a global team to improve people’s lives? Then send us your online application including cover letter, CV and references.
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.
Reference Code: 68713
Functional Area: Biotechnology R&D
Entry Level : Job Starter