At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. If you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
Associate Director Data Scientist Immuno-Oncology (m/f/d)
Bayer is seeking an innovative and collaborative computational biologist to advance our immuno-oncology and oncology cell therapy efforts. You will establish, lead and drive the computational biology strategy to support early discovery and preclinical research. As a member of the Biomedical Data Science team in Berlin, Germany within Pharma R&D, you will collaborate closely with immunologists, pharmacologists, and biomarker leaders in Research & Early Development Oncology.
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Define and implement the data science strategy for the early research portfolios of immuno-oncology and oncology cell therapy
- Oversee -omics data packages for stage-gate decisions: target identification and validation, mode of action, and preclinical characterization
- Represent data science for portfolio reviews, data boards, and joint steering committees with academic and biotech collaborators
- Mentor, coordinate and prioritize efforts of several computational biologists
- Adopt state-of-the-art algorithms and data integration, especially for single-cell multi-omics data
- Advance predictive science initiatives for immuno-oncology, such as single-cell reference atlases, antigen prediction methods, and T cell clonality tracing
- Contribute to internal and external collaborations
Who you are
- PhD degree with long-term experience in Life Sciences (Bioinformatics, Chemistry, Biology, Genetics, Biomedical Engineering, or other related discipline) with strong computational focus
- Prior experience with influencing drug discovery or biopharmaceutical project teams
- Experience with the analysis and interpretation of high-throughput immunology datasets, such as single-cell RNA-seq, TCR-seq, CITE-seq, mass cytometry, or high-dimensional flow cytometry
- Strong analytical thinking, scientific rigor, and publication record
- Demonstrated business acumen, people and project leadership competencies, and technical expertise
- Excellent communication competencies to include presentations of quantitative analyses in a clear, concise, and actionable manner to key stakeholders across multiple functions
- Fluent in English
This is your opportunity to tackle the world’s biggest challenges with us: Maintaining our health, feeding growing populations and slowing the rate of climate change. You have a voice, ideas and perspectives and we want to hear them. Because our success begins with you. Be part of something big. Be Bayer.
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.
Location: Germany : Berlin : Berlin
Reference Code: 544742