Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Alliance Manager / PMO (m/f/d)
At Integrated Care Ventures we transform complex healthcare challenges into human-centric solutions and businesses through innovation and new revenue stream creation globally.
The Alliance Manager will co-initiate and oversee multiple alliance along the areas of development or commercialization of Digital Health solutions focusing on trust based strong relationships with internal and external counterparts. The person will also facilitate partner interactions, especially in internal projects with multi-dimensional functions and continuously measure and support the health of the relationship.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee multiple significant development and / or commercial strategic alliances with a wide range of industry and academic partners
- Develop strong relationships with internal and external counterparts to build trust and act as an effective communication channel between Bayer and the respective partner
- Manage partner related complex projects within Integrated Care, also including stakeholders from other relevant functions (e.g. Medical, Regulatory, Legal)
- Coordinate and orchestrate the external required partnerships (platform & solution partners as well as projects vendors)
- Become familiar with the major issues relating to all strategic alliances within the purview of the Integrated Care function
- Launch new alliance kick-off and integration activities alliances within the incumbent's purview
- Serve as the key interface between Bayer Integrated Care and partners on matters of governance, contractual and business development topics
- Proactively monitor all aspects of alliances and identify issues, risks and conflicts, escalating them as needed and drive issue alignment and resolution with internal and external decision makers
- Manage major operational issues relating to alliances within the incumbent's purview
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive knowledge of each alliance contract as well as any associated or related contracts, ensure that Bayer is adhering to its obligations and that the partner is adhering to their own, and in collaboration with key business partners (legal, finance, IP), provide strategic and tactical guidance on contractual obligations, including suggesting recommended actions to fulfil the contractual obligations of Bayer and the partner taking into account internal and partner expectations
- Cultivate a partnering mindset within the Bayer Pharma through outreach, training and other resources
- Accountable for compliance with divisional and corporate Bayer governance standards
- Familiarization with industry best practice and ongoing evolution of Alliance Management function/activities can and scout for new business opportunities that are clear and aligned to Bayer Pharma strategy, based on insight of digital health marketplace
- Develop and utilize screening criteria, models and tools to assess new business opportunities in digital and data science and articulate assumptions, risks, and opportunities for business cases
WHO YOU ARE
- Advanced degree (MBA or PhD) in a natural science or in economics
- Long-term experience in pharmaceutical industry in the areas of pharma, medical, science, digital health, biotech in a global scale or other
- Strong organizational and facilitation skills, both working as an individual as well as managing or being part of complex project teams
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative matrix of teams across a global organization and different workstreams, business units, and functions; interact with members of senior leadership and senior executives on strategic initiatives and reviews
- Strong strategic and critical thinking skills in dealing with abstract concepts and long-term time horizons, with the familiarity of interpreting and executing complicated contracts and material contractual obligations
- Excellent written and spoken English language skills
Please note: This position could be located in Berlin, Germany or East Coast, USA.
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can show your passion for innovation? Are you interested in working as part of a global team to improve people’s lives? Then send us your online application including cover letter, CV and references.
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.
Reference Code: 292683
Functional Area: Marketing