At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. If you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
AI Scientist (m/f/d)
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be responsible to research, prototype, and implement cutting-edge supervised, semi-, self-, weakly- and unsupervised algorithms for weed, disease, pest recognition
- Collaborate with a team of world-class AI and software engineers to deliver scalable solutions that make a real difference in sustainable farming
- Help addressing image recognition challenges with latest research and implement them in customer-facing apps
- Turn prototype algorithms into production code and observe your algorithm’s performance on farmers’ fields
- Drive the implementation of automated pipelines such as automated training, testing, and deployment
- Support training data collection activities with technical guidance and requirements
- Work in a cross functional SCRUM team with end-to end-product responsibility
- Support training data annotation with development of algorithms to automate certain process steps and improve annotation quality
WHO YOU ARE
- Bachelor or Master of Science in Computer Science, Data Science, Statistics, Operations Research, Applied Mathematics, Engineering, Agriculture or related fields
- Work experience in developing algorithms and solving problems in computer vision and image processing and experience with deep learning libraries such as TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch, etc.
- Practical and proven expertise in at least two of the following fields: computer/machine vision, object detection, un-/semi-/supervised machine learning and deep learning, convolutional neural networks, reinforcement learning, generative adversarial networks (GANs), out-of-distribution (OOD) detection, active learning and (vision) transformers
- Practical experience in data engineering and cloud computing (AWS, GCP, MS Azure) are beneficial
- Ability to read, understand, and implement research papers
- Ability to write clean, modular, and long-lasting code managed with GIT
- Profound experience in Python (incl. common libraries like scikit-learn, pandas, numpy), alternatively with Julia or R (or comparable)
- Very good English skills, both written and spoken
This is your opportunity to tackle the world’s biggest challenges with us: Maintaining our health, feeding growing populations and slowing the rate of climate change. You have a voice, ideas and perspectives and we want to hear them. Because our success begins with you. Be part of something big. Be Bayer.
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.
Division: Crop Science
Reference Code: 539145