Senior AI Data Scientist (m/f/d)
Your tasks and responsibilities
The Data Science team at Bayer is a one stop shop for all enterprise advanced analytics projects. We work across all units in Bayer from corporate finance to pharmaceutical R&D to regulatory affairs. We solve hard analytical problems with the mission to improve the overall efficiency and decision making in the company. If you are interested in joining a young and dynamic team applying bleeding edge machine learning algorithms to all kind of data types we would like to hear from you. In detail your tasks are:
- Support of business and innovation projects in the areas of R&D, marketing and finance.
- Lead projects and other data scientists applying LEAN and agile approach to deliver fit-for-purpose solutions
- Establish strong link with stakeholders in the business to help shape and execute the digital agenda strategy
- Perform complex simulation, modelling and machine learning research integrating multi-layered data models from internal and external sources
- Develop and train members of the Data Science team
- Maintain awareness of state-of-the-art application of AI (Artificial Intelligence) in life science industries and research
- Publish innovative methodologies and scientific discoveries in peer reviewed journals.
- Create opportunities for data product development by identifying pain points in the business to improve efficiency and decision making
- Lead scaling up activities transforming data science prototype to end to end solutions by leveraging skills across a large IT unit working with Business Domain Expert in their daily work
You are somebody passionate about using statistical and mathematical tools to make the world a better and more efficient place. You are interested in joining a young and energetic team of data scientists working across discipline from automatized factory predictive analytics to oncology to satellite image analysis. You describe yourself as hands-on, able to code and to analyze data. You are able to present your results and outline potential solutions for deployment to the business. In detail:
Who you are
- PhD. in machine learning, statistics, applied mathematics, computer science, with strong applied side
- Industry experience or very strong academic records leading the delivery of ground breaking machine learning projects.
- Expert level knowledge of two or more of the following area: Bayesian deep learning, Probabilistic Graphical Network, Gaussian processes, MCMC and/or Deep Learning (RNN, GAN…)
- Very good coding knowledge in Python and/or R
- Proficiency with machine learning and deep learning frameworks such as TensorFlow.
- Strong skills in presentation of results and outlining of solutions to the Business.
- Ability to work in an interdisciplinary and agile environment
- Fluent in English both written and spoken
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.
Location: Leverkusen, Berlin
Reference Code: 26244