- Application Guide
- #BAYER360 – the Virtual Reality Career Experience
We all use social networks to learn about other people, whether on Facebook, Instagram, Xing, LinkedIn or YouTube. Your own internet presence also says a good deal about you and can open doors to interesting new jobs. It's therefore a good idea to regularly take a close look at what you’re putting out there.
More and more recruiters today are looking online for interesting candidates, particularly when special skills or qualifications are needed for a position. If you happen to have those exact qualities, you want the recruiter to be able to find you as easily as possible. Personal branding helps you stand out from the crowd. Your personal brand should offer a positive, clear and authentic picture of your personality and present your skills and experiences to the public.
Our tips for your online image
If you haven’t yet thought about your online image, you should first consider how you want to be perceived by others. Also ask yourself what you want to achieve and who you would like to reach with your personal branding activities, how you can support others with your knowledge, and what you want to publish where. Consider, too, that your private posts could potentially also be read by people from your professional sphere. Emphasize your particular strengths, qualifications and abilities in your profile. Ideally, you’ll be able to link to your own relevant posts or blog entries. It is also important to ensure that the information in your existing online profiles is up to date and consistent. By using the same name and photo across profiles, you increase your recognition factor and make it easier for interested parties to find you.
How to increase your visibility on the internet:
- Use catchy keywords to help recruiters find you on LinkedIn or Xing, for example.
- Make contact with others and build up your network.
- Support your contacts and share interesting information or job postings with your network.
- Link to your posts on social media, such as tutorials on YouTube, LinkedIn Pulse articles and blog posts, or actively take part in discussions on the social web.
- Mention presentations and activities that are not online.
- Link to your online profile, your own website or to other noteworthy activities on the internet.
- Paint a positive, clear and authentic picture of yourself
- Keep information up to date and link to it
- Use the same name everywhere so as to make searching easier
- Use catchy keywords
- Include noteworthy activities and skills in your profile
- good balance of private details in a business context
- Be helpful in forums and take an active part in discussions
- Comment on blog articles and posts on the social web
- Follow opinion leaders to increase your own knowledge and keep abreast of trends
- Create an unprofessional or inauthentic profile
- Neglect to update your profile or clear up contradictions
- Make unqualified comments or posts
Bayer has launched a new recruiting system that makes it faster and easier for you to apply. Therefore we have two Login-possibilities: