Bei Bayer sind wir Visionäre und entschlossen, die größten Herausforderungen unseres Planeten zu überwinden und zu einer Welt beizutragen, in der genug Nahrung und ausreichende medizinische Versorgung für alle Menschen keine unerreichbaren Ziele mehr darstellen. Wir tun dies mit Energie, Neugier und purer Hingabe, lernen stets von den Menschen um uns herum, erweitern unsere Denkweise, verbessern unsere Fähigkeiten und definieren das „Unmögliche“ neu. Es gibt viele Gründe, sich uns anzuschließen: Wenn Sie nach einer abwechslungsreichen und bedeutungsvollen beruflichen Zukunft streben, in der Sie gemeinsam mit anderen brillanten Köpfen wirklich etwas bewegen können, möchten wir Sie in unserem Team haben.
Senior PK/PD Modeling and Simulation Expert (m/f/d)
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan and perform PK/PD modeling approaches in Drug Discovery & Preclinical Development to describe drug concentration-effect relationships of efficacy and safety studies and to assess their relevance and predictive value for humans, including backtranslation of clinical outcomes to the research phase
- Apply special PK, PBPK and PK/PD modelling tools and approaches to predict pharmacokinetic parameters in human and to estimate efficacious dose and schedules in patients
- Coordinate input generation and performance of mechanistic PK/PD models with high translational value from animals to human in close collaboration with Research and Clinical Pharmacology
- Develop, implement and drive PK/PD modeling strategies and approaches for discovery projects in different indications and therapeutic areas and for a broad range of therapeutic modalities, including the definition of modeling-related project goals and requirements by close interaction with all associated partner functions
- Provide guidance and expertise on all PK, PK/PD and M&S related aspects to enhance translation value of key project activities
- Shape M&S support along a sound hypothesis-driven path and contribute to model-informed decision-making on projects in the different drug discovery phases up to selection of preclinical candidates and their preparation for first in human in cooperation with all relevant partner functions
- Function as responsible author of expert statements and dossier relevant documentation (internal documents, IMPD, IB, IND etc.)
- Drive and educate the organization on the value of model-informed drug discovery and development and be open for exploring and applying modeling support in emerging areas related to new technologies and novel therapeutic modalities also in collaboration with external partners and CROs
WHO YOU ARE
- PhD with long-term experience in a field related to pharmacokinetics, pharmacometrics, applied mathematics, systems biology or similar
- Broad and in-depth knowledge and understanding of PK, PBPK and mechanistic PK/PD modeling & simulations approaches and tools, and model-based data analysis
- Proficiency in programming languages and PK & PK/PD modeling software (e.g. R, Matlab, Phoenix, Monolix)
- Several years of expertise in supporting and guiding drug discovery projects and preclinical development and presenting to internal governance boards
- Experience in leading matrix-style project teams, in assessing and reflecting the own work in a broader picture and in clearly communicating complex matters to a variety of audiences
- Passionate, creative, enthusiastic and cooperative personality with excellent communication skills to effectively work in multi-disciplinary teams who is highly motivated, innovative, results-oriented and experienced to work with tight timelines and is able to rapidly adapt to changes
- Fluent in German and English, both written and spoken
This is your opportunity to tackle the world’s biggest challenges with us: Maintaining our health, feeding growing populations and slowing the rate of climate change. You have a voice, ideas and perspectives and we want to hear them. Because our success begins with you. Be part of something big. Be Bayer.
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.
Reference Code: 649304