Bei Bayer sind wir Visionäre und entschlossen, die größten Herausforderungen unseres Planeten zu überwinden und zu einer Welt beizutragen, in der genug Nahrung und ausreichende medizinische Versorgung für alle Menschen keine unerreichbaren Ziele mehr darstellen. Wir tun dies mit Energie, Neugier und purer Hingabe, lernen stets von den Menschen um uns herum, erweitern unsere Denkweise, verbessern unsere Fähigkeiten und definieren das „Unmögliche“ neu. Es gibt viele Gründe, sich uns anzuschließen: Wenn Sie nach einer abwechslungsreichen und bedeutungsvollen beruflichen Zukunft streben, in der Sie gemeinsam mit anderen brillanten Köpfen wirklich etwas bewegen können, möchten wir Sie in unserem Team haben.
Lab Head Cell Therapy Tissue Repair (m/f/d)
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implement and drive tissue repair projects by using your expert knowledge
- Cultivate iPSCs and derivatives and conduct in vitro and in vivo experiments for characterization and pharmacological testing
- Analyze and interpret data from cell therapy experiments and embrace challenges of working with and troubleshooting novel technologies and reagents
- Work in a highly collaborative environment with multidisciplinary internal and external scientists and drive preclinical tech-transfer activities with internal functions and CROs
- Design, implement and evaluate strategic studies/experiments and interpret the results with subsequent presentation in various committees
- Lead a team of up to four technicians to conduct in vitro and in vivo experiments
- Strive for new ways of working to constantly question the status quo of your work environment and research projects
- Act as a domain expert (m/f/d) for Cell Therapy across various teams and present scientific data to colleagues at internal meetings and external conferences
WHO YOU ARE
- Ph.D. in pharmacology, biology, biochemistry, pharmacy or an MD in equivalent fields with completed postdoc or several years of relevant experience
- Strong track record of research productivity in the field of cell therapy with profound knowledge of relevant pathways and cell physiology
- Research background in cardiovascular diseases and/or metabolism is an advantage
- Hands-on experience with genetic manipulation and differentiation of iPSCs
- Self-motivated and pro-active team player (m/f/d) with a can-do mindset
- Profound Leadership experience in a research environment as well as good interpersonal skills and personal insights
- Strong problem-solving drive, attention to detail, as well as written and verbal communication skills
- Fluent in English and German, both written and spoken
This is your opportunity to tackle the world’s biggest challenges with us: Maintaining our health, feeding growing populations and slowing the rate of climate change. You have a voice, ideas and perspectives and we want to hear them. Because our success begins with you. Be part of something big. Be Bayer.
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.
Location: Germany : North Rhine Westfalia : Wuppertal-Aprath
Reference Code: 640701