Bei Bayer sind wir Visionäre und entschlossen, die größten Herausforderungen unseres Planeten zu überwinden und zu einer Welt beizutragen, in der genug Nahrung und ausreichende medizinische Versorgung für alle Menschen keine unerreichbaren Ziele mehr darstellen. Wir tun dies mit Energie, Neugier und purer Hingabe, lernen stets von den Menschen um uns herum, erweitern unsere Denkweise, verbessern unsere Fähigkeiten und definieren das „Unmögliche“ neu. Es gibt viele Gründe, sich uns anzuschließen: Wenn Sie nach einer abwechslungsreichen und bedeutungsvollen beruflichen Zukunft streben, in der Sie gemeinsam mit anderen brillanten Köpfen wirklich etwas bewegen können, möchten wir Sie in unserem Team haben.
IEG Epidemiologist Women's Healthcare, Inflammation and Immunology (m/f/d)
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contribute to the definition of relevant research questions according to Integrated Evidence Generation (IEG) plan applicable for/addressable by observational studies, addressing business challenges identified by IEG TA heads or IEG leads or IEG core teams
- Support the design and execution of observational studies in close collaboration with IEG functional groups (including natural history of disease treatment pathways, comparator studies, and post-marketing safety and comparative effectiveness studies)
- Identify epidemiology methods, relevant data sources and assess utility/suitability for observational studies in collaboration with IEG Data Science, Research & Analytics, IEG Study Operations and IEG Partnerships
- Provide epidemiological perspectives, expertise, and recommendations in identification and design of observational studies, hybrid (interventional/non interventional) studies such as pragmatic trials, studies incorporating multiple data sources linkages and digital tools and patient preferences
- Serve as Bayer’s internal expert (m/f/d) on epidemiological topics to address needs from a broad customer base, including but not limited to Research, Clinical Development, Regulatory Affairs, PV, Medical Affairs, Market Access and Commercial
- Provide input on epidemiological activities/studies relevant to benefit risk management plans (RMP), clinical development submissions, other drug development and regulatory-related activities
- Contribute to IEG Partnerships initiatives for the identification and establishment of appropriate external research/methods groups/data sources as well as provide critical review of relevant published medical and epidemiological literature and utilize databases directly to answer queries timely
- Contribute to scientific publications and presentations on epidemiological observational research activities and studies as well as promote scientific collaborations with experts from academia and database owners and contribute to the intellectual leadership of Bayer in epidemiology
WHO YOU ARE
- Medical degree and/or a life science degree with a post-graduate qualification in epidemiology (MSc, MPH or PhD) or a life science degree with a PhD in epidemiology
- Several years of epidemiology and pharmacoepidemiology experience (ideally in industry, a regulatory agency (e.g., EMA or FDA) or a public health/academic institution with strong links to industry)
- Understanding of the entire drug development process and life cycle management as well as strong SAS, medical databases, excel and other computer skills
- Experience in Women’s Healthcare, Inflammation and Immunology is desirable, but not a must have
- Application of in-depth medical knowledge and expertise in the design, initiation and conduct of clinical-epidemiological studies, evidence generation activities and medical benefit-risk assessments
- Understanding of risk management strategies and risk minimization programs, background in studying chronic diseases and special interest in utilizing database technology in the area of epidemiology is an advantage
- Strong analytical skills and ability to apply statistical and epidemiological methodology in research projects
- Demonstrable ability to design, direct and complete epidemiological observational research projects as well as the ability to work independently and co-operatively within a team of scientists
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
This position can be located in Berlin, Wuppertal or UK or USA.
This is your opportunity to tackle the world’s biggest challenges with us: Maintaining our health, feeding growing populations and slowing the rate of climate change. You have a voice, ideas and perspectives and we want to hear them. Because our success begins with you. Be part of something big. Be Bayer.
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.
Location: Germany : Berlin : Berlin
Reference Code: 555396