Bei Bayer sind wir Visionäre und entschlossen, die größten Herausforderungen unseres Planeten zu überwinden und zu einer Welt beizutragen, in der genug Nahrung und ausreichende medizinische Versorgung für alle Menschen keine unerreichbaren Ziele mehr darstellen. Wir tun dies mit Energie, Neugier und purer Hingabe, lernen stets von den Menschen um uns herum, erweitern unsere Denkweise, verbessern unsere Fähigkeiten und definieren das „Unmögliche“ neu. Es gibt viele Gründe, sich uns anzuschließen: Wenn Sie nach einer abwechslungsreichen und bedeutungsvollen beruflichen Zukunft streben, in der Sie gemeinsam mit anderen brillanten Köpfen wirklich etwas bewegen können, möchten wir Sie in unserem Team haben.
Head of Laboratory MR & CT (m/f/d)
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drive the development of a sustainable research portfolio in TA therapies and integrate external innovation through alliances, collaborations and licensing activities
- Establish and maintain state-of-the-art in vitro and in vivo pharmacology platforms as well as develop new research strategies and approaches in the area of research
- Ensure alignment of all GDD activities with the overall TA strategy
- Manage the work allocation, development dialogue, remuneration issues and critical discussions from technical employees
- Be responsible for systems and devices, including investment planning as well as monitor compliance with guidelines, e.g. Laboratory safety, radiation protection, genetic engineering safety or animal welfare
- Coordinate studies in close consultation with internal functions and be responsible for the conception, continuous further development and optimization of methods, models and processes
- Induct and mentor new laboratory managers, doctoral students as well as postdocs and manage interdisciplinary project teams on strategic, complex issues
- Design, implement and evaluate highly complex Studies and experiments and interpretate the results with subsequent presentation in various committees
WHO YOU ARE
- PhD in pharmacy, biochemistry or physicochemistry combined with long-term experience and expertise in the field of chemistry with metal chelates, especially for MRI, their analysis and determination of physicochemical parameters
- Long-term experience in managing a laboratory in an industrial company and technical staff as well as in the guidance of diploma and/or doctoral students
- Experience in the design and execution of animal experiments as well as experience in the analysis of relevant patent literature in order to write analyses and reports
- Expert knowledge, technical skills, and in-depth experience with analytical instruments such as mass spectrometry, HPLC, ICP and other analytical techniques
- Knowledge or strong willingness to develop and broaden expert knowledge in the field of MR and CT contrast media (imaging, pharmacology, pharmacokinetics, toxicology, formulation)
- Ability to manage projects with high impact, completely independently, especially with participation of external partners and regulatory authorities
- Very good leadership, communication and teamwork skills combined with the ability to work effectively within a matrix organization
- Fluent in English and German, both written and spoken
This is your opportunity to tackle the world’s biggest challenges with us: Maintaining our health, feeding growing populations and slowing the rate of climate change. You have a voice, ideas and perspectives and we want to hear them. Because our success begins with you. Be part of something big. Be Bayer.
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.
Reference Code: 579705