Bei Bayer sind wir Visionäre und entschlossen, die größten Herausforderungen unseres Planeten zu überwinden und zu einer Welt beizutragen, in der genug Nahrung und ausreichende medizinische Versorgung für alle Menschen keine unerreichbaren Ziele mehr darstellen. Wir tun dies mit Energie, Neugier und purer Hingabe, lernen stets von den Menschen um uns herum, erweitern unsere Denkweise, verbessern unsere Fähigkeiten und definieren das „Unmögliche“ neu. Es gibt viele Gründe, sich uns anzuschließen: Wenn Sie nach einer abwechslungsreichen und bedeutungsvollen beruflichen Zukunft streben, in der Sie gemeinsam mit anderen brillanten Köpfen wirklich etwas bewegen können, möchten wir Sie in unserem Team haben.
Global Director Due Diligence Center of Excellence (CoE) (m/f/d)
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be responsible to develop, enforce and refine Due Diligence (DD) standards across all development stages and therapeutic areas for Bayer Pharmaceuticals
- Guide and consult Due Diligence Leader (DDL) on all BD&L led Due Diligences
- Ensure appropriate interactions with external partners, setting realistic timelines for completion of DD, deal closure and integration
- Together with DDL, ensure alignment of involved functions, challenge functional assessments and identification/mitigation of DD findings and be responsible for quality control and consistency across projects
- Guide and support the DDL through cross-functional leadership of the DD process as well as ensure high quality recommendations and agreed conclusions on a timely basis while providing objective communication of DD status and issues to Senior Management
- Lead intellectual and technological advancement of the DD process to increase efficiency as well as build and maintain industry leading approach and guide DDL in the preparation of virtual data rooms and documentation for out-licensing projects
- Define DD-Phase-specific deliverable packages for early / mid / and late stage development assets
- Build and manage Bayer's PH DD community through trainings and exchange of best practices and drive a BD&L learning culture through processes such as lessons learned and post deal reviews
- Develop a consistent approach to the identification and quantification of risks associated with BD&L opportunities in collaboration with Risk management and ensure that these risks are appropriately factored into the decision and valuation
- Ensure consistent quality of the DD reports and other decision relevant DD material incl. development plans, timelines, budget and milestones across projects
- Constantly evaluate and define tools for DD process optimization (e.g. templates, software solutions) and lead implementation
WHO YOU ARE
- University degree (MD), alternatively PhD in one of the basic sciences if accompanied by further qualifications
- Long-term relevant professional and academic experience coupled with extensive experience within pharmaceutical industry, preferentially in Research & Development
- Proven experience in cross-functional DD project management and broad expertise in all aspects of drug development (Research, Product Development, Regulatory Affairs, Marketing, Patents, Legal, etc.) and in steering cross-functional assessment and diligent analysis of external drug candidates and drug programs.
- Reliability and decisiveness in business decisions combined with creativity and the ability to design and implement highly innovative and sustainable processes
- Experienced in multi-task management, priority setting ability, result-driven with strong analytical skills and a solid ability to understand complex business issues
- Entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to interface effectively with colleagues at all levels of the organization
- Strategic thinker (m/f/d) who takes delight in managing complexity and lead projects in an ambiguous environment combined with the ability to build and lead teams and manage projects from a non-hierarchical position, including managing business partners in a stakeholder rich environment
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills in English
This is your opportunity to tackle the world’s biggest challenges with us: Maintaining our health, feeding growing populations and slowing the rate of climate change. You have a voice, ideas and perspectives and we want to hear them. Because our success begins with you. Be part of something big. Be Bayer.
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.
Location: Germany : Berlin : Berlin || Germany : North Rhine Westfalia : Wuppertal-Aprath || Germany : North Rhine Westfalia : Wuppertal-Elberfeld
Reference Code: 224324