Bei Bayer sind wir Visionäre und entschlossen, die größten Herausforderungen unseres Planeten zu überwinden und zu einer Welt beizutragen, in der genug Nahrung und ausreichende medizinische Versorgung für alle Menschen keine unerreichbaren Ziele mehr darstellen. Wir tun dies mit Energie, Neugier und purer Hingabe, lernen stets von den Menschen um uns herum, erweitern unsere Denkweise, verbessern unsere Fähigkeiten und definieren das „Unmögliche“ neu. Es gibt viele Gründe, sich uns anzuschließen: Wenn Sie nach einer abwechslungsreichen und bedeutungsvollen beruflichen Zukunft streben, in der Sie gemeinsam mit anderen brillanten Köpfen wirklich etwas bewegen können, möchten wir Sie in unserem Team haben.
Business Development & Licensing, Sr. Director, Digital & Data Science Partnerships (m/f/d)
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Business Development & Licensing, Sr. Director, Digital & Data Science Partnerships, are to:
- Align and integrate input from TA functional (R&D and Commercial) areas to understand Digital and Data needs;
- Define and drive strategy for identifying, assessing, prioritizing, and partnering assets;
- Lead and drive the deal making process/ transaction for digital deals for the respective TA;
- Devise deal structures such as licensing, acquisitions, equity investments, option deals, fee for service arrangements and other partnership models;
- Execute before and after a deal and ensure optimal post-deal integration of licensing, partnerships, and acquisition projects;
- Support the TA BD&L team during DD processes for asset deals with a digital platform;
- Act and deliver as an advisor to the TA’s on Digital and Data-Science related topics;
- Ensure internal and external communication of the sourcing strategy;
- Build and leverage a network of connections in academic, biotech, pharma and technology companies;
- Build internal network and collaborative matrix teams across Digital and Data Sciences and other areas of focus as well as interact with members of the Bayer PH Senior Leadership and Senior Executives on strategic initiatives and deal reviews;
- Support the establishment of a "one team"-culture across Bayer PH and leverage diversity of capabilities as well as manage cross functional teams' inputs and visions for digital and data science alliances;
- Prepare and deliver reports and summaries that provide status of internal business development projects and competitive activity;
- Assimilate and synthesize emerging trends by attending relevant meetings and conferences;
- Motivate, inspire, and influence others across the organization and enterprise to achieve results and adopt new operational models as well as establish industry network to the benefit of Bayer PH.
- The preferred location for this role is San Francisco, CA, Cambridge, MA, or Berlin, Germany, but other locations may be considered based upon the needs of the business. Relocation assistance may be offered for this role.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Advanced University degree (Ph.D, MD or MBA) with in-depth proven experience in managing and leading cross-functional teams;
- Long-term professional experience in digital transformation, healthcare, and technology industries as well as in leading projects or partnerships with different stakeholders with a clear track record of success;
- Sound knowledge of digital/data sciences technologies partnerships/tech companies and extensive Business Development deal experience;
- Strong leadership capability and ability to live the Bayer LIFE values;
- Ability to thrive in global matrix organization to drive complex projects to conclusion;
- Strong analytical skills with a solution-oriented mindset;
- Domestic and international travel is an inherent requirement of the role;
- Fluent English skills, both written and spoken.
Local regulations and legal requirements vary per country of hire and will be discussed with considered candidates individually based on their potential of hire.
For US candidates, please apply through requisition number: US JOB POSTING
This is your opportunity to tackle the world’s biggest challenges with us: Maintaining our health, feeding growing populations and slowing the rate of climate change. You have a voice, ideas and perspectives and we want to hear them. Because our success begins with you. Be part of something big. Be Bayer.
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.
Location: San Francisco, CA, Cambridge, MA, USA or Berlin, Germany
Reference Code: 560401